Bacaan Sumber Vocabulary
It is difficult to change someone‘s opinion by badgering him. The child who begs his mother to “get off his back” when she implores him for some assistance with the household drudgery, may very well plead interminably for some special privilege when he wants something for himself. How paradoxical that neither is able to perceive that no one likes being nagged.
Sumber : Murray Bromberg, 1100 Words You Need to
Di kamus Inggris – Indonesia sih, plead itu artinya : mengaku, mengakui, membela, menjawab, bermohon, membuat dalih, membuat alasan… yang mana ya yang pas dengan kalimat di atas? Vocabulary tingkat lanjut memang butuh kalimat lengkap, biar artinya dan rasa bahasanya pas.
Saya ambil dari kamus Monolingual aja ya, soalnya klo dari kamus Inggris – Indonesia kok malah bingung maksud plead di sini itu apa.. 🙂
they pleaded with Carol to come home again
using cheap melodrama to plead the case for three prisoners
- My mother particularly thought I’d make a very good barrister, and you know, do I think I could plead a case in court?
- The Plaintiff did not plead from an employment law perspective, that the employment contract had been breached, or that the Plaintiff had been fired without cause.
- If she wants to plead good reason on this occasion, she also needs to apologise.
- In return, the unions agreed to plead the claim in the arbitration tribunal, tying their members to whatever decision is handed down.
- As counsel for the Bank has pointed out, the Statement of Defence does not plead unconscionability.
- They continually plead poverty, yet when it comes to dishing out bonuses, they are good to their own.
- I thought you had conceded earlier that as originally framed, it would not have been appropriate to expect the accused to plead guilty to that charge.
- In our universities, students justifiably plead poverty and the recommendations of the Cubie inquiry have been completely ignored.
- using cheap melodrama to plead the case for three prisoners
- How can one plead ignorance in the presence of this massive and continuous universal call?
- But the various cities and counties have continued to plead poverty in the hope of receiving aid from central government.
- The death penalty is not that often given to these types of people because at the trial, the defendant will plead insanity and claim that they were not in control of their actions at the time that they committed the crime.
- So if the excisable good in question were alleged to be brandy, how would the pleader plead the nature of those goods?
- The couple went to court in October to plead poverty and beg for financial mercy.
- the idea that in public relations work someone is paid to plead a special case is disliked
- Phil gets to live on beyond this, and with his history of rather public instability, he is pretty well set up to plead insanity.
- A court should only grant a motion for particulars where they are necessary for the moving party to plead and the particulars are not within the knowledge of the moving party.
- The city now seeks to amend the claim to plead fraudulent misrepresentation and deceit and to seek punitive damages.
- In the courtroom, the German judge read the charges and asked me in which court I wished to plead my case: German or American.
- When he saw Monica’s car, he’d flag it down, plead engine trouble and ask if Corbett could drive him.
- The unhappy partner had to petition the legislature or court to plead his or her case.
- So there was no voice strong enough to plead their case.
- It is interesting to note, lest anyone should plead passage of time, that the court stipulated that sentences were to run from February 4, 1999.
- I notice that the Commonwealth, by its defence, does not plead any statute of limitations.
- That case has never been pleaded or argued against us at all.
- I tried to leave then, to walk away (something I’d never done before), but Teresa grabbed my arm and pleaded with me not to go.
- The next morning, I pleaded with my husband not to return to the doctor – who I knew would remove the expanded laminaria and insert twice as many.
- I went into court and I pleaded guilty to the charge of common assault.
- I needed wider experience than my own, so I convened a couple of dinner parties of various successful singles that I know, plied them with much wine and pleaded with them to tell me their secrets.
- The police will create problems for you and us also sir,’ was how a restaurant manager at Dilsukhnagar pleaded with a group of doctors.