One of the anomalies of our approach to history is the propensity to study the venerable empire of Europe, but we do not feel it incumbent upon us to ascertain anything about the civilizations in our own hemisphere. We deprecate the history of this part of the world as though progress lay dormant and the other people were until the settlers of North America arrived at Playmouth Rock. In South America, from 2,000 B.C. until their empire reached its acme at the beginning of the 16th century, lived the Inca. The height of 11,000 feet. This civilization is reputed to have western part of the continent. Its population fluctuated between 4 and 7 million. This empire had a highly efficacious political and social system. Its potentate ruled with absolute power. As the empire conquered new lands it would disseminate its language, religion and social customs.
- anomalies – kelainan, keganjilan, keanehan
- propensity – kecenderungan
- venerable – patut dihormati/dimuliakan
- incumbent – berkewajiban
- ascertain – memastikan, meyakinkan, menegaskan
- hemisphere – belahan bumi
- deprecate – mencela, mengutuk, memprotes
- dormant – terbengkalai, terhenti, tidak aktif
- acme – puncak, the point at which someone or something is best, perfect, or most successful.
- reputed – yg dianggap/mempunyai nama baik
- fluctuated – berfluktuasi, naik turun
- efficacious – berkhasiat, mujarab, manjur
- potentate – penguasa, raja, org yg berpengaruh
- conquered – menaklukan
- disseminate – menyebarkan, menaburkan