The raconteur of our story about idyllic times gone by goes on to elucidate how the comely heroine is taken to the bandits hide-out. There, a sullen crew of cutthroats is gathered. They don’t wish to procrastinate; she must be taken immediately to a foreign land where much treasure will be paid to her. Their cupidity knows no bounds. The leader wants to hold her for ransom from her wealthy parents. The gang demurs; they are reticent. There is a rift among the criminals. Their leader remains truculent, and they agree to wait for just two days for the ransom money. An emissary from the grief-stricken parents is expected at any moment. The wan maiden, her spirits at their nadir, has time to ruminate about her lugubrious fate.
- raconteur- pendongeng, a person who tells anecdotes in a skillful and amusing way.
- idillyc – sangat indah/menarik
- elucidate- menjelaskan, menguraikan, menerangkan
- comely – cantik, elok, rupawan, menarik
- sullen- a sulky or depressed mood.
- sulky – murung, bersungut
- cupidity- keserakahan, ketamakan
- demur – menyatakan keberatan
- reticent – pendiam, yg dapat menahan diri
- rift- keretakan, celah
- truculent- garang, keras dan kejam, kasar, bersikap menantang
- emissary – utusan, duta, wakil, caraka
- maiden – perawan
- ruminate- merenungkan, think deeply about something.
- lugubrious – murung, suram, penuh kesedihan