As the quantity of propaganda become greater, ideas are presented in more strident tones in order to overcome the increased competition. Those who are the targets of the propaganda find it more difficult to discern between or analyze the new and expanded pressures. The concomitant situation which develops with the stepped-up propaganda is one in which the individual retreats into a state of lassitude. He has an aversion to all attempts to influence him. So we can see the intrinsic weakness inherent in an increased level of propaganda. It has the deleterious result of reducing its efficacy upon the individuals or groups who were its objective.
- strident- melengking, nyaring, parau, loud and harsh; grating.
- discern – membedakan, melihat, memahami, perceive or recognize (something).
- concomitant- bersamaan, hal yg bersamaan, naturally accompanying or associated.
- retreat – mundur, menarik, membatalkan
- lassitude- kelemahan, kelesuan, keletihan, keadaan tak berminat/acuh tak acuh, a state of physical or mental weariness; lack of energy.
- aversion- keengganan, kebencian, keseganan, rasa jijik, a strong dislike or disinclination.
- deleterious- yang merusak/mengganggu, causing harm or damage
- efficacy – khasiat, kemanjuran, kemujaraban, the ability to produce a desired or intended result.