One day each week is set aside for college football, and another for the professional brand. Most fan enjoy both varieties. Nothing can put an avid viewer into a pique more quickly than missing an important contest. It is the dilettante who eschews the amateur variety and watches only his home team play; however, enthusiast will continue to view the most nondescript contests involving teams which have no connection with their own town or school. Some intrepid fans have been known to watch high school games when that was all that was offered. Public interest in football grows each year, while interest in other sports may be on the wane.
- set aside – menyisihkan
- brand- a type of product manufactured by a particular company under a particular name.
- avid- having or showing a keen interest in or enthusiasm for something.
- pique- a feeling of irritation or resentment resulting from a slight, esp. to one’s pride.
- dilettante- a person who cultivates an area of interest, such as the arts, without real commitment or knowledge
- nondescript- lacking distinctive or interesting features or characteristics.
- intrepid- fearless; adventurous (often used for rhetorical or humorous effect).
- on the wane – semakin berkurang