Some television commercials, trying to break through the ennui built up in the viewer by the plethora of competition, employ humor. Others feature a comely girl as a pretext forgetting the viewer to stay tuned in. At time raucous music, accompanied by some frenetic activities, is designed to preclude the viewer’s loss of attention. The advertiser will employ every bit of artifice at the film maker’s command to make a trenchant commercial. The diversity of appeals made to the viewer is a concomitant of the many ways people react to commercials. A great deal of time and money has gone into placing the consumer’s psychological made-up under scrutiny.
- breakthrough – menerobos, menjebol
- ennui – perasaan bosan, kelesuan pikiran
- plethora – kebanyakan, hal berlebih-lebihan
- raucous – making or constituting a disturbingly harsh and loud noise.
- frenetic – hingar bingar, fast and energetic in a rather wild and uncontrolled way
- diversity – keragaman, bhineka
- concomitant – seiring, hal yg bersamaan
- made-up – tersusun
- scrutiny – pemeriksaan/pengawasan/penelitian yang teliti