As automation permeates many new idea of life, its effect upon us becomes concomitantly more profound. Information processing and communications machines are finding their way into libraries. Here they alleviate the burden of storing and bringing out to the reader the accumulation of information which is becoming more prodigious in this era of specialization and threatening to inundate our already encumbered library system. As a way to expedite the selection of pertinent information for the reader, the machine scans 5,000 words per minute. It is the celerity of machine reading that makes automation in the library so valuable.
- permeate- menyerap, menembus, meresap, merembes, spread throughout (something); pervade
- concomitant – seiring, hal yg bersamaan
- concomitantly – bersamaan
- profound- mendalam
- alleviate- meringankan; make (suffering, deficiency, or a problem) less severe.
- prodigious- luar biasa; remarkably or impressively great in extent, size, or degree.
- inundate – membanjiri; overwhelm (someone) with things or people to be dealt with
- encumbered- dibebani
- expedite- mempercepat; make (an action or process) happen sooner or be accomplished more quickly.
- pertinent- bersangkutan; relevant or applicable to a particular matter; apposite.
- celerity – kecepatan; swiftness of movement.