The international adventure stories prevalent on television follow meticulously a plot that is inexorable in its development. Those on the side of law and justice face perfidious men and organizations. These infamous men have no capacity for compassion, and they treat the lovely woman with opprobrium. The intrepid heroes are placed in deleterious situations as a result of the Machiavellian maneuvers of their opponent. One unconscionable act of duplicity follows another until the total destruction of the “good guys” seems at hand. At the last moment, usually amidst the pandemonium of a battle, the cause for which the heroes strive triumphs. However, evil is ubiquitous and next week an other fracas will erupt.
- prevalent- lazim, umum, populer
- meticulous – teliti, cermat sekali
- inexorable – tak terhindarkan, impossible to stop or prevent.
- perfidious- durhaka, berkhianat, deceitful and untrustworthy.
- deceitful – penipu, culas, guilty of or involving deceit; deceiving or misleading others.
- infamous – terkenal, well known for some bad quality or deed
- compassion- kasih sayang, perasaan belas kasihan
- deleterious- yg merusak/mengganggu, causing harm or damage.
- Machiavellian- tidak jujur, yg tak tahu malu
- unconscionable – rendah budi, not right or reasonable.
- duplicity- sikap/perbuatan bermuka dua, deceitfulness; double-dealing.
- amidst- di kalangan, di tengah-tengah
- pandemonium- kekacauan, huru hara
- triumph – kemenangan, keberhasilan, a great victory or achievement.
- ubiquitous – ada di mana-mana, present, appearing, or found everywhere
- fracas – pertengkaran, a noisy disturbance or quarrel.