Evelyn was an anomaly: she had a propensity for a folk music and rock and roll dancing, and, at the same time, she was an avid fan of classical ballet. At one time she had been a fledgling ballet dancer. Robert headed for a theater where a ballet company was performing. He knew he had to wary so that Evelyn might not see him first. It was Tuesday evening: two days gone with so little to show. Only three more remaining before the deadline set by Evelyn. He tried hard to allay the sudden fear that came over him that he might not locate her. Nothing would deter him from succeeding! And so, although he was far from a connoisseur of the dance, he was standing among the throng in the lobby, hoping it would be a propitious evening for him.
- propensity- kecenderungan, kecondongan, an inclination or natural tendency to behave in a particular way.
- avid- keranjingan, penuh keingingan, gemar sekali, having or showing a keen interest in or enthusiasm for something.
- fledgling- pemula, a young bird that has just fledged.
- headed- menuju
- wary- waspada, awas, hati-hati, feeling or showing caution about possible dangers or problems.
- allay- meredakan, menenangkan, menyembuhkan, diminish or put at rest (fear, suspicion, or worry).
- deter- mencegah, menghalangi, discourage (someone) from doing something, typically by instilling doubt or fear of the consequences.
- connoisseur- penikmat, ahli dalam meneliti karya seni, an expert judge in matters of taste.
- throng- kerumunan, orang banyak, jejalan, a large, densely packed crowd of people or animals.
- propitious – menguntungkan, tepat, baik, mujur, giving or indicating a good chance of success; favorable.