seemingly absurd or self-contradictory.
- It would be paradoxical to advocate an inquiry into inquiries, but we can begin to see criteria that will make them more likely to succeed.
- The paradoxical truth is that nothing is more unpopular with the public than the pursuit of the public interest.
- In the end his interest in ‘ordinary’ life accompanies a paradoxical despair about change.
- It is also about the paradoxical tension between human freedom and divine providence.
- Both appear to have a paradoxical effect of either increasing or decreasing the stress response.
- The strength of capitalism is, paradoxically, also its weakness.
- Heterogeneity and choice are paradoxically often expressed through consumption and marketing.
- But as the lifespan of the average person grows longer, paradoxically the age at which people are retiring is falling.
- The French, paradoxically, like to feel like included outsiders.
- Uniforms, paradoxically, can allow for a greater sense of true personal uniqueness.
- Contradictory – kontradiktif, bertentangan, berlawanan
- inconsistent – tidak konsiste
- incongruous – tidak sesuai/cocok/layak/pantas
- anomalous – ganjil, tidak normal, menyimpang dari biasa, tidak lazim
- illogical – tidak logis, tidak masuk akal, lacking sense or clear, sound reasoning.
- Puzzling – membingungkan, menimbulkan teka-teki, causing one to be puzzled; perplexing.
- Baffling – membingungkan, mengherankan, mengagumkan
- Incomprehensible – yang tidak dapat dimengerti, tidak terpahamkan
- Inexplicable – yg tidak dapat dipahami, yg tidak dapat dijelaskan
- self-contradictory – kontradiksi diri